The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts NTPC (Non-Technical Popular Category) exam for posts like station master, ticket collector, ticket clerk etc. The candidates have to first write Prelims Exam/1st stage CBT. Only those candidates who had cleared their Prelims Exam can appear for the Mains Examination or 2nd stage CBT.
Surely there will be a lot of competition and if you follow these powerful tips, it will guarantee your success in RRB NTPC exam.
- Know the syllabus: You cannot prepare in the right way without knowing the complete and updated syllabus of the exam. Then prepare a neat time table that covers all the topics as per official syllabus and pattern. You will then be able to keep a tab on the subjects and topics that need to be studied. You have General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Ability/ Arithmetic Ability and General Awareness sections in the exam. Check eAbhyasa site for detailed syllabus, pattern and important dates of the exam.
- Prepare section-wise: General Intelligence and Reasoning is a scoring section. So have enough practice on this section. While preparing pay particular attention to blood relations, puzzles, directions, coding and decoding, syllogisms, related words/ numbers/ letters, series with one term missing, odd numbers/ letters/ figures/ number pairs and trending numbers. Take eAbhyasa reasoning tests.
Numerical Ability is a time-consuming section. You’ll have data interpretation and arithmetic. First attempt easy questions and then go for tougher ones. Apply shortcut methods and tricks. Pay particular attention to algebra, mensuration, number system, trigonometry and geometry. Go for eAbhyasa subject tests and take feedback. Know your weak points and then work to strengthen them.
The General Awareness and Current Affairs section is the most unpredictable section of all. Note the recent events, both national and international. Record important news on currents affairs, budget, economics,politics, sports, census, stock market, books, awards, honours etc. Know about railway history, organization,latest news etc. Also, remember class 10th knowledge on Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, History, Environmental science, Computer science, Internet terms, MS Office etc.
- Manage time: Focus on time management. Increase your speed and accuracy by practising more. Remember all formulae and apply mathematics tips to increase speed. Make short notes of important points and formulae and carry it wherever you go. Read it often to remember them well. Use your waiting time to solve puzzles and do Reasoning tests. Focus on the topics that appear frequently in the previous exams. While preparing, try to solve more time-consuming questions. Practice with a stop watch. It will help you to approach the exam well and it will also help in time management.
- Practice mock tests and previous year question papers: Solve a number of previous question papers and practice a number of mock tests. It will give you an idea of the examination pattern. If you take eAbhyasa mock tests, you can also know the time limit and you’ll get the real feel of the exam. The feedback helps you to work on your weak areas.
- Maintain focus and concentration: Keep yourself away from distractions and all sorts of negative. Keep yourself fit and take care of health. Success is not an accident. It’s the result of your attitude, determination and hard work.
Prepare smartly for sure success. Use the right platform like eAbhyasa to boost your preparation. Click https://www.eabhyasa.com/exams/rrb for the different RRB tests. Wishing you the very best in your exam!