IBPS conducts specialist officer (SO) exam to recruit Law Officer, Marketing Officer, IT Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Agriculture Field Officer (AFO), HR/Personnel Officer etc. to the various public and private sector banks. You can go for the Mains exam based on your performance in Prelims. The Mains exam has questions from the Professional Knowledge only. The marks of Mains only are considered to shortlist the candidates for Interview.
Let us now look at the expert tips to succeed in the Mains.
- Understand the exam pattern and the syllabus: For the posts of Law Officer, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer, there will be 60 questions from Professional Knowledge. Each question carries one mark and the paper has to be answered in 45 minutes. For the Rajbhasha Adhikari Mains Exam, there will be 45 objective questions to be completed in 30 minutes and 2 descriptive questions to be completed in 30 minutes, all from Professional Knowledge. The Mains exam has questions from that field which you have applied. Like IT, Law, Agriculture, Marketing or HR. Check eAbhyasa site for the detailed syllabus, exam pattern and to know more about the exam.
- Make a study plan and prepare well: The professional knowledge exam tests your knowledge in the particular area in which you are applying for. So prepare well for it. Revise your course books and be clear on the concepts. Have good command over the subject. Come up with a study plan to cover all topics. Take subject tests of eAbhyasa to know your weak topics and improve your preparation.
- Analyse trends: Check previous papers and trace the pattern. Analyse the expected trend that is, check the approximate number of questions asked from each topic and prepare accordingly.
- Practice mock papers: Practice as many tests as possible on eAbhyasa You will get an exact idea of specialist officer exam. Take feedback and assess your strengths and weaknesses. Focus on your strengths and work on your weaknesses.
- Stay cool: If you have not covered some topics in your IBPS exam preparation, don’t panic. Instead, revise properly all the topics which you have completed. Don’t spend more time on a single topic. Answer first all questions which you know very well. As there is negative marking, think well before selecting any answer. Mock tests online make you more confident.
Only the marks of mains are considered for the Interview selection. So try to score as high as possible. Check https://www.eabhyasa.com/exams/bank-exams/bank-so for the IBPS SO Exams