The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is crucial to get admitted into top engineering and science colleges in the country for Master’s degree. It requires a sound and strategic preparation to score well. Check eAbhyasa for updated exam pattern, syllabus and important dates. Let’s look at the top tips to succeed in GATE.
- Prepare thoroughly: To score well in GATE, hard work is required along with serious study. Collect good study material and solved previous question papers. Prepare a time table to have weekly and monthly targets. Read thoroughly to understand the basics and fundamentals of the subject. Prepare small handy notes on all topics, which will be useful in your revision. Usually top scorers set aside 8-10 hours of study during week days and 10-12 hours of study during weekends. You can vary the number of hours because, it’s not how many hours, but how much you have read that matters.
- Practice is the key: After concept brushing and reading all topics, it has to be practice, practice and more practice. You have to know how to do the calculations as there is no scope for thinking and then working it out during exam. So practice a number of problems. You’ll improve your speed and manage your time well in the exams. Focus on accuracy. Speed matters a lot during exam; hence practice has to be rigorous. Check eAbhyasa for practice tests.
- Take up mock tests and solve previous papers: Mock tests are important and you have to take them up as much as you can. Time management is one of the most valuable lessons you’ll learn through mock tests. Mock tests also help you to evaluate your current preparation level and assist you in identifying the strong and weak areas. Take up eAbhyasa mock tests and take feedback. It keeps you comfortable with the exam environment. It also helps you to keep track of your performance and improve your score. Also, do not forget to solve at least 10 papers of previous years. This will help you identify the exam pattern and the difficulty level of the questions.
- Have an exam strategy: Quantitative section accounts for 15% of the total marks and you can easily score in it. So pay attention to Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude. Distribute your time for every section by keeping in mind your strengths and weaknesses. Have some buffer time to attempt the questions you had left. Every question has different weightage and requires different amount of time. So you need not attempt all the questions, but try to score maximum marks. Avoid answering questions that you don’t know.
- Take care: Learn from mistakes. Don’t learn new concepts in the last minute. Take care of health and sleep well before the exam. Attempt the paper with a fresh and relaxed mind. It increases your accuracy, speed and your overall score. Be positive. Keep ready your admit Card & ID Proof for the exam. Reach your Exam centre well ahead of time to avoid unnecessary road traffic and delay.
It takes some hard work, dedication and smart preparation to succeed. Your dedication will surely get you through GATE. Practice eAbhyasa tests. Click https://www.eabhyasa.com/exams/gate. All the best!