A large number of students appear for Medical Entrance Exams in India. The different entrance exams for admission into BDS/MBBS medical courses are NEET UG, AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS. Ayush courses (Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Unani) admissions are also through NEET.
For cracking any entrance exam, you need a collection of good books and a positive approach. Given below are some leading books you can get online from Amazon or Flipkart, which provide more information on them.
Apart from these reference books, take eAbhyasa online tests that give you not only abundant practice, but also the real feel of the exam. There are a number of ‘Subject tests’ individually for Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Physics apart from the ‘Model tests’ for each entrance exam.
The feedback given by eAbhyasa tells you about your performance, your strengths and also your weaknesses. This feedback will be of immense help to you to prepare better.
Now let’s look at the leading reference books. Go for the latest edition on the date of purchase.
· Pattern: 180 questions (each of 4 marks) in 3 hours
· Negative marking: -1 for wrong answer
· Max. marks: 720
· Distribution of Qs: 45 Qs each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
· Syllabus: Largely matches with CBSE syllabus of 11th and 12th classes. Refer NCERT textbooks.
· NEET Prep Guide 2018 (With free booklet revision points Physics, Chemistry, Biology) by Arihant Expert
· NEET Explorer 2018 (MTG Editorial Board)
· Target NEET 2018 (2012-17 Solved Papers + 10 Mock Papers) by Disha Experts
· Objective Biology: For NEET & Other Medical College Entrance Examinations (S. S. Bhatia)
· Complete NEET Guide Biology by MTG Editorial Board
· Textbook of Zoology for NEET and other Medical Entrance Examinations by Na (Author)
· Wiley’s Textbook of Botany for NEET and other Medical Entrance Examinations, 2018 by Wiley Editorial
· NEET 2018 Chemistry (Disha Experts)
· NEET 2018 Physics Study Material (7 Vol.) For Class XI & XII By Career Point Kota
· Pattern: 200 questions (each of 1 mark) in 3 hours and 30 minutes
· Negative marking: -1/3 for wrong answer
· Max. marks: 200
· Distribution of Qs: 60 Qs each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and 10 from General Knowledge and 10 from Aptitude & Logical Thinking
· Syllabus: No syllabus has been prescribed by AIIMS for the examination. Generally, 12th class standards are considered for the Competitive Entrance Examination.
· AIIMS MBBS Entrance 2018 (Dr. Ajay Mohan)
· 24 Years AIIMS Chapter-wise Solutions – Biology by MTG Editorial Board
· AIIMS Chapter-wise Solutions Physics, Chemistry, Biology: 20 Years (1994 – 2013) 1st Edition (MTG Editorial Board)
· AIIMS – General Knowledge with Logical Thinking First Edition (Disha Experts)
· AIIMS Assertion & Reason (Second Edition: 2017) by Kunal Karn, Ram Manohar Tiwari, Laxmi Mishra
· Pattern: 200 questions (each of 4 marks) in 2 hours and 30 minutes
· No negative marking for wrong answer
· Max. marks: 200
· Distribution of Qs: 60 Qs each from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and 10 from English Language and Comprehension and 10 from Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
· Syllabus: Based on the syllabus as prescribed by the State Boards as well as CBSE syllabus for Class XI and XII.
|· Guide to English Proficiency, Logic & Quantitative Reasoning for JIPMER with Past & Practice Papers by Disha Experts
· Airhant 15 Years’ 2003-2017 Solved Papers JIPMER Medical (ARIHANT EXPERTS)
· JIPMER Chapterwise Solutions 8 Years (2010-2017) by MTG Editorial Board (Author)