One of the most sought after career options is securing a job in the Banking sector. Every year lakhs of candidates appear for Bank Exams to get placed in one of the reputed banks of the country. If you are one of the aspirants, first get to know the latest exam pattern of the exams. Check eAbhyasa for exam details such as syllabus, exam pattern, important dates and other notifications.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts online exams to recruit officers, clerks and trainees in public sector banks in India. These exams include: Bank Clerk, Bank PO, Bank SO, IBPS RRB/ IBPS Rural Banks, RBI, SBI – Associates Clerk, SBI – Probationary Officers among others. You need to refer to good books for the preparation. The general reference books for any type of Bank exams are given below. You can get them in Amazon or Flipkart where you’ll also get more details. Go for the latest edition.
General books for all Bank exams
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Dr. R.S.Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. R.S.Aggarwal
- Manorma Year Book 2018
- General Knowledge Today (for current affairs) by Mammen Mathew
- General English by Dr R.S.Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Marketing Knowledge by Dr L.N. Kohli and Shri Prem Kohli
- Computer General Awareness by Dr Alok Kumar
Now let’s look at the reference books for the most important exams.
IBPS PO Preliminary and Mains and SBI – Probationary Officers
The IBPS Probationary Officers (PO) or the Management Trainees (MT) exam and the SBI – Probationary Officers exam are conducted in three phases: Preliminary, Mains and Interview. In Prelims, there will be Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Reasoning Ability sections. Mains exam has Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis and Interpretation and General, Economy/Banking Awareness sections. The reference books include:
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/ MT Exam, Disha Experts
- Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude Chapter-wise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date (3940+ Objective Questions of Nationalised Banks, Gramin Bank, IBPS PO/MT/SO,RRBs Officer, SBI, RBI Grade B & Insurance AAO , AO) (Kiran Prakashan)
- SBI & IBPS Bank PO Solved Papers, Disha Experts
- Computer Knowledge for SBI/ IBPS Clerk/ PO/ RRB/ RBI/ SSC/ Railways/ Insurance Exams, Shikha Agarwal
- Banking And Financial Awareness (Covering General Banking & Socio-Economic Awareness) IBPS Bank PO/SO/MT,IBPS Clerk, RRBs Office Assistant & Officer RBI,SBI PO & Clerk (Kiran Prakashan)
- English Prelim & Mains: Topic – wise Solved Papers for IBPS / SBI Bank PO, Disha Experts
RBI Grade B exam
RBI Officer Grade B is conducted in 3 phases: phase 1, phase 2 and interview. Phase 1 has General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning sections. Phase 2 has three papers: Paper I- Economic and Social issues (objective), Paper II-English (descriptive) and Paper III- Finance and Management (objective). Paper 3 is optional. The leading books are:
- RBI Grade B Officers Exam Guide 2018 Edition, RPH Editorial Board
- RBI Grade B Officers Exam Phase I Study Material Book, V.V.K Subburaj
- RBI Grade-B Officers’ Exam Phase 2 Descriptive Type Test Practice Work Book, Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan, Pratiyogita Kiran & KICX
IBPS Clerk and SBI – Associates Clerk
The Clerk Exam divided into 2 sections: Preliminary and Mains Exam. The syllabus is very much same as any other Bank Exam. Prelims exam has Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language sections. The Mains exam has Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness sections. The leading books for these exams are:
- IBPS – VII Bank Clerk Preliminary Examination 2017 : For Clerical Cadre Posts in the Participating Organizations with Solved Paper 2016 First Edition, Arihant Experts
- IBPS Clerk Prelims & Mains Practice Tests 2017 First Edition (TCY Online), Wiley publishers
- IBPS: Workbook for Clerk Examination ( Editorial Board), Neha Publishers & Distributors
- KIRAN IBPS Bank Clerk Mains Exam Practice Workbook, Kiran’s Prakashan
- Ultimate Guide for SBI and Associates Bank Clerk Prelim and Main Exam by Disha Experts
- SBI Clerical Grade Junior Associates & Junior Agricultural Associates Guide by Arihant Experts
IBPS RRB (Officer Scale I, II, III and Office Assistant)
IBPS conducts exams: IBPS RRB (Regional Rural Banks) Officer Scale I for Assistant Manager, IBPS RRB Officer Scale II for Manager, IBPS RRB Officer Scale III for Senior Manager and Office Assistant for Multipurpose official positions. Interview is only for the post of Officers (Scale I, II and III). Officer Scale I and Officer Assistant exams have both Prelims and Mains. The Officer Scale II – General Banking Officer, Officer Scale II – Specialist Cadre and the Officer Scale III exams are single level exams. The exam pattern is different for all these exams. Check eAbhyasa for more details. The sections include Reasoning, Numerical Ability/ Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Computer Knowledge, General Awareness or Financial Awareness. From the following reference books, select those that are applicable as per the exam pattern. Get the latest edition.
- IBPS RRB-CWE Officers Scale II & III Guide, GK Publications
- IBPS RRB Guide for Office Assistant (Multipurpose) Preliminary & Mains Exam, Disha Experts
- IBPS RRB Guide for Officer Scale 1 (Preliminary & Main), Disha Experts
- Banking Awareness for SBI & IBPS Bank Clerk/ PO/ RRB/ RBI Exams Paperback by Disha Experts
- IBPS-CWE VI Regional Rural Banks Officers by Arihant Experts
IBPS SO Exam
The IBPS SO (Special Officer) Exam takes place in 3 phases: Prelims, Mains and Interview. One has to pass the Preliminary Exam to give the Mains Exam. Final selection is based on the Mains Exam and Interview. Mains Exam is on Professional Knowledge Subjects. The leading reference books are:
- BSC IBPS SO Specialist Officer Preliminary Exam Practice Workbook 20 Mock Tests by K. Kundan (Author), BSC Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd. (Contributor)
- 15 Practice Sets IBPS Specialist Officer Preliminary Exam by Arihant Experts (Author)
- IBPS – CWE (4) Specialist Officers Cadre Marketing Officer Scale – 1 Online Exam, Arihant Experts
- IBPS – CWE (4) Specialist Officers Cadre Law Officer (Scale 1) Online Exam, Arihant Experts
- Agriculture Field Officer IBPS by New Vishal’s Editorial Board, Dr. Lalita Gaur
- Wiley’s Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Specialist Officer (IBPS SO) IT Officer (Scale – I) Exam Goalpost Solved Papers & Practice Test: Prelims and Mains by DT Editorial Services
- 15 Practice Sets IBPS SO Main HR Personnel Officer Paperback by Arihant Experts (Author)
- IBPS (Specialist Officer) Rajbhasha Adhikari / Law Officer (Preliminary) Exam Guide by Ramesh Publishing House
Apart from reading these books, we recommend to you to take online mock tests that will actually enhance your preparation and gives you a cutting edge over others in the competitive exams. Register yourself in eAbhyasa, the only marketplace for free tests in India! Get access to a number of tests in English, Reasoning, PO models tests, Clerk Prelims Mock tests, Clerk Mains tests, General Awareness tests, RRBs Mains Officers Scale I tests, Grade B Officers General Awareness tests, Marketing and Computer tests and much more.
These tests help you to know your level preparation and also let you know your strengths and weaknesses. It will immensely help you to enhance your preparation. You can also take expert advice to improve your performance in this competitive world. Take the practical exam tips given by the experts from the eAbhyasa blog.
Click https://www.eabhyasa.com/exams/bank-exams for the exams.
All the best!